Re: Cannot write DVD+R to a Toshiba ODD-DVD SD-R6252 laptop drive

Arnt Richard Johansen <arj@nvg.org> wrote:

> Good evening, everyone. I'm sorry if this is a question that has been
> asked before, but the mailing list search engine seems to be broken.
>
> The problem is, whenever I attempt to write a DVD+R with cdrecord, I get
> the message "unable to load media". When I run cdrecord -prcaps, I get,
> among other things:
>
>    Does not write DVD-R media
>    Does not read DVD-RAM media
>    Does not write DVD-RAM media
>
> DVD+R, on the other hand, is not mentioned at all.

While DVD-r is available since more than 7 years, DVD+ is a recent development
of deviants. You cannot expect MMC-2 to include things that happend many
years later.

> I am running Cdrecord-Clone 2.01a34 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) on an HP Pavilion
> zt3000 with a 2.6.7 kernel. DVD+R recording works fine in a Windows
> program that came bundled with my laptop, but cdrecord for Windows seems
> to have the same problem.
>
> Any help would be appreciated, even a reply to the effect of "cdrecord
> doesn't actually support DVD+R". TIA.

ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/ProDVD/

       schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) chars I am J"org Schilling