Cannot write DVD+R to a Toshiba ODD-DVD SD-R6252 laptop drive

Good evening, everyone. I'm sorry if this is a question that has been asked before, but the mailing list search engine seems to be broken.

The problem is, whenever I attempt to write a DVD+R with cdrecord, I get the message "unable to load media". When I run cdrecord -prcaps, I get, among other things:

  Does not write DVD-R media
  Does not read DVD-RAM media
  Does not write DVD-RAM media

DVD+R, on the other hand, is not mentioned at all.

I am running Cdrecord-Clone 2.01a34 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) on an HP Pavilion zt3000 with a 2.6.7 kernel. DVD+R recording works fine in a Windows program that came bundled with my laptop, but cdrecord for Windows seems to have the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated, even a reply to the effect of "cdrecord doesn't actually support DVD+R". TIA.

--
Arnt Richard Johansen                                http://arj.nvg.org/
Leser «Catcher in the Rye». Skal bli fint å bli ferdig med den så jeg