Re: DVD+RW tools / Linux / Nu Tech DDW-082 (works for +RW)

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 10:03:53PM +0200, Andy Polyakov wrote:
>>I have not been able to test the booktype capacity, since
>>"dvd+rw-booktype" keeps reminding me that :
>>   This program targets units of RICOH, BENQ, BTC and LITE-ON designs.
>>    /dev/dvd doesn't appear to be one. Exiting.
>
>As you can surely imagine booktyping functions are vendor-specific
>extensions, meaning that there is no "generic" booktyping support. If
>you want to help, talk to Nu and ask if they can release their
>vendor-specific command set specification. A.

Assuming that such a thing exists, of course. I've got a copy of the
latest Plextor DVD-R ATAPI spec and there's no mention of setting
book type at all.

"...In the UNIX world, people tend to interpret `non-technical user'
 as meaning someone who's only ever written one device driver." -- Daniel Pead