Re: mkisofs -graft-points and deep directories - again

On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 02:29:11PM +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Mihai Ibanescu <misa@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > I am having troubles generating deep directories with graft points:
> >
> > mkisofs -r -J -graft-points -o /tmp/test.iso a/b/c/d/e/f/g/h/i.txt=/etc/motd
> > INFO:   UTF-8 character encoding detected by locale settings.
> >         Assuming UTF-8 encoded filenames on source filesystem,
> >         use -input-charset to override.
> > mkisofs: Directories too deep for 'a/b/c/d/e/f/g/h' (7) max is 6.
> >
> > (cdrtools 2.01a35, even though mkisofs --version says 2.01a34 - looks like
> > mkisofs.c still reports 34 ?)
> >
> > The documentation says that -r should turn RockRidge extensions on, and thus
> > allow deep directories. And indeed that happens if I create the directory
> > structure and pass it (without -graft-points) to mkisofs.
>
> Graft points work on ISO-9660 level, not on RR level.

I am not sure I understand your statement. Are you saying that
files/directories added with -graft-points are put directly on the ISO image,
without RR attributes to be computed for them?

I swear I read the man page and there is no mention of this - should I have
known that I would have built a tree of symlinks myself :-)

Misa

PS On a freshly downloaded version of cdrtools 2.0.1a38:

./mkisofs/OBJ/x86_64-linux-cc/mkisofs -version
mkisofs 2.01a34 (--)

Shouldn't the version of mkisofs say 38?

./mkisofs/OBJ/x86_64-linux-cc/mkisofs -r -J -graft-points -o /tmp/test.iso
a/b/c/d/e/f/g/h/i.txt=/etc/motd
./mkisofs/OBJ/x86_64-linux-cc/mkisofs: Directories too deep for
'a/b/c/d/e/f/g/h' (7) max is 6.

Thanks for your reply,
Misa