Re: Backup thousands of files 1 at a time with growisofs?

> I would particularly like to have my music uncompressed, untarred so I
> can just put the dvd into a machine and play them.

This would require each disk to have an in itself complete iso fs with a
subset of the files. Each disk may be slightly underfull.

> > http://www.serice.net/shunt/

Brilliant piece of software by the looks of it. Thanks for the URL!
Check whether it creates disks with a complete filesystem, or whether it
creates one huge filesystem with a piece of the filesystem on each disk.
In the latter case individual disks wouldn't be accessible.

Alternatively, you could hack up some script which reads through your
music directory, sizing up as many files as fit on one disk, burn that
disk, and then proceed with the next file in the directory.

In either case you have no control over which file goes on which disk,
i.e. it'll be somehwat random.

Volker

http://volker.dnsalias.net/		Please do not CC list postings to me.