Re: DVD+RW-Booktype and BTC 1008 Drive

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 12:16:49PM +0000, Dave Woodward wrote:
> Also I have tried contacting BTC about the firmware revisions where 0258 seems
> to be the latest rather than 0657, but had nothing back yet, is there some
> mystery to their numbering scheme?

As far as I can tell, their version numbers are a bit backwards. The
last two digits are the version number of the core firmware code, and
the first two are the minor revision number. Updated revision numbers
signify support for new media codes, whereas a new version means
actual code changs in the firmware.

So think of 0657 as 57.06 and 0258 as 58.02. Their change logs (e.g.,
<http://www.btc.com.tw/big-5/ChangeList_DRW1008.TXT>) have the details
on what each version has.