Re: Problem using a TEAC DV-W22E withdvd+rw-tools/cdrecord-prodvd/dvdrtools.

>From: "Julien Gabel" <jpeg@thilelli.net>

>If I can understand the problem relating to the internal bug with the
>FreeBSD kernel (and not using cdrecord-proDVD), what may be wrong here?
>Am I missing something?

>> The help here is not easy. I'd suggest you to upgrade to -CURRENT, if
>> you're ready to face all the possible problem of running CVS code.

>... not really. In this particular case: a choice between
> FreeBSD-CURRENT + cdrecord-proDVD
>or
> FreeBSD-5.2.1 + dvd+rw-tools
>I would prefer the second choice: staying with the OS release branch.

This sounds strange!

Why do you like to stay with a broken OS and as a result not being able to
use youe hardware?

In addition, you should have noted immediately after "upgrading" to the broken
OS release and send out a bug report as well as downgraded back to the previous
release.

It seems that you did not use cdrecord but dvd+rwtools and for this reason
did not realize your problems early enough......

       schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) chars I am J"org Schilling