Re: dvd+rw tools error message

Follow-up information.

I am building a Linux gateway server for a client that uses a DVD+RW drive for
the backup system.  It uses the dvd+rw-tools as well.  It is running 5.17
that I just installed.

I was NOT able to duplicate this problem.  Growisofs wrote to the drive just
fine while it was bound to the raw device.  There are numerous differences
between this machine and my workstation.  But there is a big difference that
could have an effect I can think of, are the kernel patches.  This machine
only has the one DVD+RW patch to work with sdd.  My machine that this
reported error was produced on has the DVD+RW patch plus the libata patch to
support SATA controllers. Both are 2.4.24 kernels. Both are Slackware 9.1
based systems.

So this may be almost impossible to duplicate.  I will try to confirm if the
libata kernel patch will reproduce the error because I am just guessing.  But
maybe still not really able to identify because this machine does not have
SATA controllers installed.

James