Re: Automounters - more info wanted (was Re: Re: plextor px-708uf: cannot get disk type)

On Thu 29 January 2004 12:34, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> From lourens@rainbowdesert.net  Wed Jan 28 21:01:50 2004
>
> >Is there any way at all to check whether a CD is being written
> >without disturbing the writing process?
>
> NO, if you like to check for a media change you need to access
> the TOC.

Thanks, but that's not what I was asking. What I want to know is, if
I were writing a volume management system, and I wanted to make
sure it didn't interfere with a write in progress, is there any way
for it to find out if a disk is being written without disturbing a
write in progress?

If this is impossible, then for the volume management not to
interfere with cdrecord, cdrecord must tell the volume manager that
it is writing.

Lourens
--
GPG public key: http://home.student.utwente.nl/l.e.veen/lourens.key