Re: plextor px-708uf: cannot get disk type

Ok, I already said before I consider this matter closed, but someone
doesn't want to get it.

> *****************
> ***************** YOU ARE A SPAMMER because you use an illegal mail address
> *****************

This is the most idiotic definition of spammer I've ever come across.

It's the most effective method by far to solve the spam problem for the
zero effort it takes to set up.

Someone who frequently expects people to find their answers by "read
the details in one of the many READMEs which come with cdrecord", and
who has put together something like cdrecord (quite an achievement), I
would expect to be capable to work out (quote from every mail posted)
"is possibly list0570 with the domain in header" if they really wanted
to get in contact with me personally. (They haven't wanted yet.)

Besides, someone who decides to ignore "Please do not CC list postings
to me" deserves a bounce. And to be blunt, just for you: don't waste my
time with even more rubbish than I get already. I read the list when I
have time.

-> matter closed

> WHEN WILL YOU FINALLY follow the nettiquette?

I follow netiquette. Sorry it's not yours. Your problem. Etiquettes of
any sort evolve with the times. You are the only one on all lists I'm
on who has ever as much as mentioned it. Not enough weight, you're
ignored on this point.

-> matter closed

> Note that because you don't follow usual agreements, I usually don't
> reply to your mails.....

It's a public list. Everyone decides for themselves whether they want
to say something if they feel they have something to say. It's not that
I'm stopping anyone...

Sorry for the wasted bandwidth.

-> matter double closed. Followups to /dev/null

> >Agreed. But as the program is history, there's no point in losing any
> >more bandwidth over it. Constructive would be to point out that history
> >bit rather than going into a GPL hype each time.
>
> If the people at RedHat and Suse would believe this too....

Please get an update on things first.

Red Hat: no longer exists. That server distro someone posted about
yesterday was probably released when there still was a reason for
dvdrecord.

SuSE: have dumped [a-z]+cdrecord immediately after my personal
intervention. If the same didn't work for you, perhaps you should've
said to them "please dump dvdrecord for better alternative(s) XYZ"
instead of wasting their time with some GPL nonsense.

Volker

http://volker.dnsalias.net/		Please do not CC list postings to me.