Compiling programs that depend on kernel/user interfaces

Hi all,

I am writing this in hope to stop the fruitless "discussions" from the
past......

First: There are "well known methods and constraints" related to the
	problem that results from evolving kernel interfaces.
	There are well known methods to deal with this problem.

I believe that in theory, it might be possible for the Linux kernel people
to find a solution that is different from the method that is usually taken.

However, _if_ the Linux kernel people did find such a new method, they
should be able to describe how it works or point me to a document that
describes their new method.

I did try to get such an explanation from the Linux kernel people several
times. The way "they" did reply to this questions was more or less always the
same:

-	Reaction type #1:

	They told me that they don't like to tell me how it should work
	because I am to silly.

-	Reaction type #2:

	They replied with something that they called a explanation....

	This was far away from being a useful explanation because it did only
	include intimitation but was not useful at all. It did even contain a
	lot of contradictions.

	When I told them where I found contradictions and that I would like
	to have a discusion that either ends up in a way that I will understand
	their putative new method or convince them to use the usual method,
	the discusion was interrupted by the Linux kernel people by not
	sending a reply anymore.

I hope you now understand why I cannot take the Linux kernel people for serious.

If somebody is interested in getting a description of the usual way to deal
with dependencies on kernel/user interfaces and the resulting contraints, I am
willing to send one. As I got the impression that this discussion has been
already extended too long, I don't append the text here as it would take me
extra time to write it.

       schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) chars I am J"org Schilling