growisofs problem

I've searched lots of newsgroups, but can't find a solution to this one... I had a Sony DRU-510A DCD+/-RW drive on SuSE 9.0, and it worked fine, until it died. I replaced it with a TDK indiDV+/-RW 440N drive, and now I can't burn DVD+R disc. I don't know if this matters, but I also replaced my CDRW drive with a DVDROM drive. I tried my SuSE 8.2 hard drive, and the burner works fine on that. So, I installed SuSE 9.0 on a spare drive, and the DVD burner worked on that, too! I really don't want to re-install SuSE 9.0 on the "bad" drive, since I have tons of games on there. It's the only solution I can think of, though. Any help is greatly appreciated, or you can direct me to somplace where I can find an answer.

Here's what I tried after k3b  failed to burn DVDs:

growisofs -dvd-compat -Z  /dev/sr0=/home/user/tmp/temp.iso

The iso  image is about 3GB, if that makes any difference.

Here's the  output I got:

Executing 'builtin_dd if=/home/user/tmp/temp.iso of=/dev/sr0 obs=32k seek=0'
0/3486197760 ( 0.0%) @0x, remaining ??:??
0/3486197760 ( 0.0%) @0x, remaining ??:??

:-[ LBA=40h, SENSE KEY=5h/ASC=21h/ASCQ=02h ]
:-( write failed: Input/output error

/dev/sr0: flushing cache
/dev/sr0: closing track
/dev/sr0: closing disc