restricted overwrite and cd cloning

Hi there,

I have discovered that dvd+rw-tools (which I use through k3b) that I have the possibility to write the discs in restricted overwrite format. I'm not a technical guy and someone adviced it to me as a replacement for udf. What are the similarities and the differences between both?

I have bought a Spanish dictionary on cd-rom and I wanted to copy it to have a backup copy. The cd is copy protected, what is actually nonsense, since nothing can prevent installations from the original cd. To make this backup copy I used CloneCD (a Windoze program) succesfully. But in Linux readcd complains about a sector error in some sectors (when only 2% is read). How can I clone this copy protected cd under Linux?

Thanks for your help,

Pablo