How to contact Jörg Schilling? - cdrecord.1 patch

Hi,

I updated the German translation of the cdrecord.1 manual page
(now available at http://www.infodrom.org/projects/manpages-de/cvs.php3)
and found many typos and stylistic issues in cdrecord.1.

I tried to contact Jörg already three times, but he never replied!
First I assumed I'm black listed to prevent SPAM, I also considered that
he rejects all mails containing attachments or that he is just busy...
But now I'm sure none of these three assumptions is correct (I asked
others whether they received my mails, everyone answered "yes", my last
mail didn't contain an attachment (and was send to one of his alternative
email addresses), and there were already three new beta releases of
cdrecord, so he seems not to be busy).

This is my last attempt to contact him!

Apart from ordinary typos my patch tries to be more consistent related
to fonts. (Before, the manual page contained options sometimes bold,
sometimes roman, section titles were both bold and italic, ...)
I tried to follow the suggestions from man(7).

I also noticed that both "speed=" and "-speed=" was used but I think
"-speed" is wrong (am I right?). The same happens to a few other options
such as -dummy, ...

I will accept it when Jörg doesn't apply this stylistic stuff, that's
really OK, I just tried to be consistent.
Nevertheless I suggest to fix the typos and to add a link to the new
translation at his website, so that no other person tries to update the
outdated translation mentioned there.

A few remarks/questions from my first mails:

Is the header of cdrecord.1 necessary to support umlauts
(".if n .ds a ae", ...)? (What about the German file?)

Instead of "dev=  target,lun." I wrote "dev=target,lun." replacing
.B dev=
.IR target , lun .
with
\fBdev=\fItarget\fR,\fIlun\fR.

So I drop an ugly space!
Belongs "=" to the option, should this be bold?

Is "@" a variable (you used an italic font!) what about "#" (you used
sometimes roman and italic!)?

"To  make cdrecord portable to all UNIX platforms, the syntax dev= devi-
 cename:scsibus,target,lun is preferred as it hides OS  specific  knowl-
 edge about device names from the user."
I don't understand this, you use "devicename" which is OS dependant!

You do not always use a bold font for "cdrecord", fix this. Should it be
"cdrecord" or "Cdrecord" at the beginning of a sentence? (I vote for
 cdrecord.)

"The default for all new (MMC compliant) drives is to use the maximum
supported by the drive."
Independ of the disk???

PS: If you reply to this mail I'm willing to help polishing your website.
Most of your .html files look weird! (Is .html or sgml, ... the source of
it?)

Jens