Re: OpenSource alternatives for cdrecord.prodvd?

>From: Warly <warly@mandrakesoft.com>

>Joerg Schilling <schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de> writes:

>> I personally dont trust people who patch cdrecord and do not even succeed to
>> avoid bugs caused by miss used data structures that I see when only looking
>> into the patch file for less than a minute.

>And some do not trust people who selfishly hide their code pretending
>it is obviously the best piece of software ever written.

Looks like you don't know what "selfish" means nor about the background for
Cdrecord-ProDVD :-(

>If cdrecord was free, I would have better spent my time trying to help
>you or working on something I know better instead having to maintain a
>free version of the DVD support code.

Fact is that making cdrecord-ProDVD did _open_ a lot of new doors that help
development.

Before, I did _not_ have enough logins for testing purposes and for this
reason, the amount of supported functions as well as the quality of the
SCSI Transport adaoption layers for libscg has been worse because other
people don't test the handling of e.g. failures.

I would be happy if more people would help the cdrecord development in a
way that saves my time. Unfortunately, most "patches" that I get first
need to be indented by hand to make them readable, then a lot of review
work is needed for quality ensurance.

       schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) chars I am J"org Schilling