Re: dvd+rw tools wont burn my DVD-R(W) discs

> >Most commonly Media ID line is followed by "Write Speed" values...
>
> I tried all the discs I currently have at home (same as in my original post
> minus the Verbatim +rw disc) and non of them returns any "write speed"
> values. Could the drive be dodgy?

The fact that unit doesn't behave as growisofs expects it to does not
*necessarily* mean that it's broken/dodgy. As
http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/hcn.html mentions growisofs
tries to be a common denominator to a set of evolving specifications and
either NEC or growisofs so to say falls between chairs. But it's not
impossible to work around and it will be fixed in next update. A.