Re: Re: Re: Re: dvd+rw tools wont burn my DVD-R(W) discs

The media info tool gets its information from the MODE SENSE command and checks for the sanity of the write speed values. If one of these values is below 1x DVD (=1385kb/s) the values are considered CD-R(W) values and will not be displayed.

This check is not included in growisofs. Growisofs compares the CD-R(W) values with the DVD speed value that has been set before and aborts.

The 2822 kb/s would match 16x CD (16 * 176 = 2822).

So there are two solutions available:
Check for sanity of the speed values of the MODE SENSE commands and ignore them if they seem to be CD values. Fix firmware and report DVD speed values in MODE SENSE command (this has to be done by NEC -> I already contacted their support but do not have an answer yet).

Regards
cosi