Re: Problem burning large files on DVD

Jeremy Monnet (Locatel)(jmonnet@locatel.net) is reported to have said:
> Hello,
>
> I've tried to subscribe to the Mailing list before sending, but I do not
> receive the subscription confirm mail ... So please answer me directly
> if possible (or anyway I'll read the archive ;o) )
>
> So, my question is : how to write large files on DVD (files > 2 GB).
>
> What I've tried : use k3b, but with on-the-fly option, it does nothing,
> and without it uses mkisofs.
> Tried to generate the iso directly, but mkisofs tells me that the file
> is too large (problem with iso9660 filesystem I believe ?).
> Tried to attack directly growisofs ("growisofs -Z /dev/dvd -R -J
> /my/big/file") but it uses also mkisofs, and then I burn an empty dvd ...
>
> Information on my system : debian full updated on unstable, growisofs
> 5.21, mkisofs 2.01, k3b 0.11.17, kernel 2.4.27-1-686 or 2.6.9-1-686
> (I've tried with both with same result, now running 2.6.9)

As my first project with my new DVD burner I backed up my system using
k3b.  It was a 3.5G backup and everything I have checked shows it
worked 100%.

I did have to upgrade some of the kde packages from unstable to get it
running correctly.

Debian Testing/Unstable.

:-) HTH, YMMV, HAND :-)

Wayne
--
Real Programmers think better when playing Adventure or Rogue.