Unidentified subject!

In-Reply-To=<[🔎] 20041214194632.A4909@blitzkrieg.battleship>; from famrom@infernal-iceberg.com on Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19: 46:32 +0100
Subject=Re: Re: DVD+R burning problem (other media okay)
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 21:12:55 -0500
From: David Willmore <willmore@trans>

I've heard that problem--which is why I mentioned that the
write was not on one of those busses.  So, to clarify,
the errors are media errors, not errors in content.  Can't
read sector vs sector contains bad data.

I did further testing.  I installed cdrecord-ProDVD version
Cdrecord-ProDVD-Clone 2.01b31 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2004 Jörg Schilling
Unlocked features: ProDVD Clone
Limited  features:
This copy of cdrecord is licensed for: private/research/educational_non-commercial_use

With it, the media (labeled 4x) defaults to 8x burning.
Media burnt that way with this program has a number of
errors.  When I hand set speed=4, I get no read errors
on the burner drive, but it doesn't even read at 1x DVD
speed.  Another (older) 4x DVD reader reads errors on
it.

I'm not on the list, so if people could CC me, it
would make replying easier. :)  Thanks!

Cheers,
David