Re: Graft-POints with Path-List

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 12:38:35AM +0100, scdbackup@gmx.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > ./mkisofs -J -joliet-long -R  -V toolbox#0396 -v -o /usr/image/archive.iso -iso-level 3 -path-list /usr/image/files/files.lst /usr/image/files/
> > The files in 'files.lst' are all in the same directory, i.e.:
> > /archive/file1.vox
> > /archive/file2.vox
> > So the end result, on the CD, is:
> > /file1.vox
> > /file2.vox
> > What I'd like is to move all the files listed in the "files.lst" file to /files/, for example, so the CD looks like:
> > /files/file1.vox
> > /files/file2.vox
> > I've tried just about everything I can think of to tell it to move the
> > files into a subdirectory, and most of the time I get an error stating
> > something like: "No such file or directory - invalid node: ..."
> > Anyone throw a clue my way?
>
> Did you already try a 'files.lst' containing lines like these ?
>
> /files/file1.vox=/archive/file1.vox
> /files/file2.vox=/archive/file2.vox
>
> You will have to use command line option -graft-points, of course.

Or, if you don't want the graft points to show up in your files.lst:

./mkisofs -J -joliet-long -R  -V toolbox#0396 -v -o /usr/image/archive.iso
-iso-level 3 -graft-points files.lst `sed 's|^|/archive/=|' files.lst`

which may also break if you have lots of files in files.lst (your shell may
not like it if you pass too many arguments on the command line).

HTH,
Misa