Re: Unidentified subject!

Joerg Schilling wrote:

Rob Bogus <rob23@tmr.com> wrote:

Okay, I'll put them on a web site and send them off to a few vendors who have their own version anyway. That way you won't have to worry about losing it. It looks as if using a trailing dot will be more natural:
Ex:
 /usr/local/src/. /opt/tmr/. /home myron/.
instead of haveing to write graft-points:
/usr/local/src=/usr/local/src /opt/tmr=/opt/tmr /home /home myron=/home myron since I doubt anyone writes that way, and backing up directories using the original names is useful.

What you try to propose is nothing that could be accepted for the official
mkisofs. The more you write on it the less benefits I see.

/usr/local/src/.

does not help at all as mkisofs could not know how much of the original
path should be visible on the CD.

If /usr/local/src/. is a shorthand for /usr/local/src=/usr/local/src with graft points, why would it be any easier to figure out just because it was a hell of a lot easier to use for multiple directories?

I suspect what you mean is that it isn't your idea so you're against it.

--
E. Robert Bogusta
 It seemed like a good idea at the time