Re: perplexed by cdwrite prodvd errors

I am having quite a lot of trouble with cdrecord-prodvd.
I would like to use it instead of growisofs, because I am trying to produce a dvd-video with high compatibility with standalone readers, and so want to use DAO.

For reference growisofs is capable of performing DAO recordings as well. It doesn't "encourage" you to, because it so to say goes against growisofs spirit and trouble with some units cause by Linux kernel deficiency (see http://lists.debian.org/cdwrite/2004/09/msg00062.html for example). A.