Re: Unidentified subject!

Joerg Schilling wrote:

Rob Bogus <rob23@tmr.com> wrote:

If that's what you want "-graft-points var.www.1=/var/www/1" (you will need options for having multiple dots). And what I said works, at least here, "-graft-points /var/www/1=/var/www/1" preserves everything. That's the whole point of addir backups.

Joerg, would you accept a patch such that "/var/www/1=" with no trailing copy of the same string would be a shorthand for this behaviour?

I am not sure if this would really make sense as you could easily write

var.www.1=/var/www/1 instead of var.www.1= in special when you run scripts.

The idea is not to solve the original poster's problem, but to avoid /var/www/1=/var/www/1 many times repeated when what is really wanted is to say /usr/local/src (or similar) and not have to use graft-points and say /usr/local/src=/usr/local/src. To say that the current behaviour is inconvenient when saving a large number of directories *in the original location*, since graft-points are needed.

Also please note that I did not yet start with a new development cycle for
cdrtools as I am currently working on Star's incremental restores. Sending
patches now could easily get lost :-(

Okay, I'll put them on a web site and send them off to a few vendors who have their own version anyway. That way you won't have to worry about losing it. It looks as if using a trailing dot will be more natural:
Ex:
 /usr/local/src/. /opt/tmr/. /home myron/.
instead of haveing to write graft-points:
/usr/local/src=/usr/local/src /opt/tmr=/opt/tmr /home /home myron=/home myron since I doubt anyone writes that way, and backing up directories using the original names is useful.

--
E. Robert Bogusta
 It seemed like a good idea at the time