mkisofs -U

The man page indicates that the -U option "Forces on the -d, -l, -L, -N,
-relaxed-filenames, -allow-lowercase, -allow-multidot and -no-iso-translate flags."

There seems to be no way to get file versions with the -U flag, regardless
of the option order. The -U doc indicates that it turns off the version
flag, but it doesn't indicate that it prevents turning it back on with
-use-fileversion. While all of the actions of -U can be specified one at a
time, it would be *far* easier to have a way just to reenable file
versions.

Notes:
1 - of course I have a client application which wants this, I wouldn't
have found it otherwise.
2 - when you change the function of the -L flag to break all existing
scripts and programs which currently specify it, don't forget to change
the -U documentation.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc