Re: give me the command to write DVD to DVD directly

robinboby . wrote:

hai ,

i have to take a copy of one DVD using dvdrecord command

my DVD write is SONY DVD RW secdary Master
and one samsung DVD R   Secondary Slave

let me know how to take a copy of DVD directly (DVD to DVD copy) with creating an image to disc...

i try with

this is the detaisl whiile i run dvdrecord -scanbus

root@machine2 root]# cdrecord --scanbus
Cdrecord 2.0 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2002 Jrg Schilling
Linux sg driver version: 3.1.24
Using libscg version 'schily-0.7'
cdrecord: Warning: using inofficial libscg transport code version (schily - Red Hat-scsi-linux-sg.c-1.75-RH '@(#)scsi-linux-sg.c 1.75 02/10/21 Copyright 1997 J. Schilling').
scsibus0:
       0,0,0     0) 'SONY    ' 'DVD RW DRU-710A ' 'BY01' Removable CD-ROM
       0,1,0     1) *
       0,2,0     2) *
       0,3,0     3) *
       0,4,0     4) *
       0,5,0     5) *
       0,6,0     6) *
       0,7,0     7) *

I count one device. Assuming (1) you really have two but one is not visible to dvdrecord, and (2) the read device *is* visible to readcd, and (3) readcd will read all of a DVD, you might try running the output of readcd into dvdrecord with "-waiti" option and "-" as the source.

Ex:  readcd {options} | dvdrecord dev=0,0,0 -pad -waiti fs=6m -

or something like that. No promises, but it certainly is possible to burn from a stream, even when the stream is coming over the network. Set speed and fs to prevent underrun!

and i try following command

dvdrecord -v dev=0,0,0 speed=8 /dev/cdrom
dvdrecord -v -dao fs=6m dev=0,0,0 /dev/cdrom -

but both fail to give the output proper.....

help me to find proper command..

--
E. Robert Bogusta
 It seemed like a good idea at the time