mkisofs -graft-points and deep directories - again

Hello,

One more time, with feeling :-)

I am having troubles generating deep directories with graft points:

mkisofs -r -J -graft-points -o /tmp/test.iso a/b/c/d/e/f/g/h/i.txt=/etc/motd
INFO:   UTF-8 character encoding detected by locale settings.
        Assuming UTF-8 encoded filenames on source filesystem,
        use -input-charset to override.
mkisofs: Directories too deep for 'a/b/c/d/e/f/g/h' (7) max is 6.

(cdrtools 2.01a35, even though mkisofs --version says 2.01a34 - looks like
mkisofs.c still reports 34 ?)

The documentation says that -r should turn RockRidge extensions on, and thus
allow deep directories. And indeed that happens if I create the directory
structure and pass it (without -graft-points) to mkisofs.

Is this a bug?

Thanks,
Misa

PS Yes I know I could use -D.
PS2 I don't expect this to make it in 2.01 but I'd still like to know if this
is a bug or just me not reading the documentation properly.