Re: Error reading end of DVD

I can create a 720MB ISO9660 image with mkisofs and mount it with "-o loop"
just fine.  However, after burning it to a DVD+RW, I get an error around the
700MB (after 341360 blocks, to be exact) mark with "dd".  Just trying to read
the files on the disc gives the same I/O error.  I'm using the 2.6.3 Linux
kernel.  Here are the steps I did on a DVD+RW disc:

	dvd+rw-format /dev/dvd
	growisofs -Z /dev/dvd=/tmp/cd-rZN93I.iso

	cat /dvd/015-install-wall-1.avi >/dev/null
	    cat: /dvd/015-install-wall-1.avi: Input/output error
	dd if=/dev/dvd of=/dev/null bs=2k
	    341360+0 records in
	    341360+0 records out
	    699105280 bytes transferred in 124.9 seconds (5597196 bytes/sec)

I thought perhaps it was a problem with the write, so I switched to XP
(running under vmware) and could read every file on the disk.  Then I used
Nero to burn the same files.  When I try to read this disk under Linux, I
get the same problem as above even though XP can read everything is just
fine.  I'd say it's not a a physical or filesystem error.

Any ideas?  Thanks!

Not without dvd+rw-mediainfo output for resulting recording. What most likely happens is that Linux believes that recording "capacity" is lower than it actually is. dvd+rw-format -lead-out might do the trick. If it doesn't, then just record more data. There were reports about limited playability of short recording, less than 1GB, at least in some Lite-On units... A.