Re: dvd+rw-booktype and "other" drives.

Seeing as dvd+rw-booktype is now a bit picky the drives it will try to set the booktype settings on, I was wondering if anybody know a mechanism to see the commands etc. that a program like NEro would use to set the book type
on DVD+RW media?

Reason being is that I have both a SOny DRU510A and a HL Data Storage GCA-404N drive that Nero (from what I could see) happily set the booktypes on,
but dvd+rw-booktype doesn't want to touch them.

Does it really? I mean can you really confirm that resulting recording is branded with DVD-ROM booktype? Sony for one is very well known for "agressively" stripping this functionailty from their firmwares. E.g. all Ricoh-based units could manipulate it, but not corresponding Sony unit. Now same story with DL unit. Original firmware from Lite-on supports booktype manipulation, but not latest Sony firmware for corresponding unit... But in either case. There is a good reason for being picky. The commands used are from vendor-specific range and vendors are free to assign their own meanings to them, meaning that booktyping command for unit A can mean something completely undesirable for unit B. A.