Re: [Cdrecord-support] cdrtools-2.01a30 ready

Joerg Schilling <schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de> writes:

[...]

> -	The Eltorito boot catalog and the Eltorito boot files are now by default
> 	sorted to the beginning of the filesystem image as sime BIOS versions don't
> 	boot from locations beyond 512 MB.

Moreover, it seems that in el torrito mode or isolinux mode (with option
-b img.bin -c boot.cat -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4
-boot-info-table), having the boot.cat located at position 929 make the
ISO not bootable on some burner.

I had made several test ISOs (available at
http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~warly/doc/iso/), to track down a problem
of non booting images for Mandrakelinux 10.0.

I do not know if other locations are concerned, however all the testers
report that all the available ISO with boot.cat at various location
(mentioned in the ISO name), except the one with boot.cat at 929, boot.

--
Warly