Re: *nix flash utility for BTC DVD recorders

On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 11:56:50PM +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> As I cannot check the code (I don't have such a drive), could you please
> try to test the code?

I tested it, and wasn't able to get it to compile with cdrtools-2.00.3
due to the lack of a cdrecord/defaults.h file (the symlink in the
btcflash directory points to ../cdrecord/defaults.h). I simply removed
the #include "defaults.h" from skel.c, and it compiled.

With the patch I posted earlier for the call to write_buffer(), the
firmware flash works. However, it crashes with a Segmentation fault on
exit (even if you tell it not to continue with the flash). It looks
like there's some code in skel.c that's unneeded or unused; for
example, the installation of the exit handler that tried to restore
the old sector size. Since nothing tried to change the sector size,
I assume that it's not necessary to restore it :). Also, is the
installation of the SIGINT and SIGTERM handlers necessary?

I've placed an updated copy at
http://www.bga.com/~khym/btcflash-0.2-sspm.tar.bz2
There are no functional changes to the flash code itself (only the
addition of the reminder to reboot). The main changes are to skel.c.