Re: Problem using a TEAC DV-W22E with dvd+rw-tools/cdrecord-prodvd/dvdrtools.

>>If you're new to the list, you'll find that Joerg is quite vocal
>>regarding OS's that are not his favorite...  Unfortunately, inspite of

> I don't have favorite OS, but I don't like kernel teams that piss at you
> which is only the case for Linux!
>
> FreeBSD developers usually take care about problems. I don't know however
> why they did introduce a fatal bug that they should know about even before
> testing.
>
> Of course this bug caused cdrecord to fail in nearly all situations.
> If cdrecord did work with the buggy OS, it was pure luck.

That is well noted.

>>the fact that you get a binary executable from him, you'll get little
>>else in the way of assistance regarding your current problems without
>>further abuse, although others on the list might prove to be helpful.

> Your message is not helpful at all! Why did you send it?
>
> But WHY do you try to denegrative me?
>
> Cdrecord is tested and knowmn to work. If it fails, it is usually caused
> by other circumstances. If people like the OP do not even provide the
> minimum information which is documented here:
> http://www.fokus.fhg.de/research/cc/glone/employees/joerg.schilling/
> private/problems.html
>
> it is hard to help.

I though I provide it in the second reply. Sorry for the mistake in the
first post.

> please note that I did give hine the right answer very quickly. If he
> does not like this answer, it is his problem only!

I have no problem other than my DVD writer. I just wanted to know why
the program provided isn't working for me. I now have an answer, not
very good for me :), but that is the answer. And thanks for the prompt
reply.

--
-jpeg.