Re: plextor px-708uf: cannot get disk type

> Have you dealt with anyone at Plextor that I might try to explain this to?

No, I have no contact with Plextor. I considered 708 unit when it was
initially released, as they mentioned DVD+MRW support in specification
sheet. But they couldn't clarify what does it really mean in practice
[well, they didn't even reply], and then it became apparent that they're
referring to background formatting and random write only, something most
DVD+ units are supposed to support without calling themselves DVD+MRW.
A.