RE: plextor px-708uf: cannot get disk type

I guess the answer is: use growisofs with this unit, or get Plextor to do
something about this firmware.  I'm not at all opposed to growisofs/k3b, I
was just used to xcdroast for burning CDs.

Have you dealt with anyone at Plextor that I might try to explain this to?
Incidentally, Alan Stern at linux-usb-devel is also looking this over from
the usb-storage end, and I'll post something here if he has something to
add.

Thanks for the note about the dvd+rw-tools update.

Thank you,
Tom