Re: plextor px-708uf: cannot get disk type

Andy, sorry this took me so long. I did as you asked. I get the following message upon running *either* version of the program:

:-( unable to READ DISK INFORMATION: Bad file descriptor

What does this mean? Incidentally, I had a blank DVD+R in the drive. Is this what you wanted for this test?

Tom

Andy Polyakov wrote:

I am sure that if growisofs would check all relevant information
returned by the driver, it would fail too.

Thomas! Could you run attached program with your /dev/dvd as argument?
Then remove +4 from dinfo declaration, recompile and re-run. To compile
save it in dvd+rw-tools source catalog and compile with g++. A.

8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------
#include "transport.hxx"

int main(int argc,char *argv[])
{ Scsi_Command cmd;
 unsigned char dinfo[32+4];
 int i,err;

   cmd.associate(argv[1]);

   cmd[0] = 0x51;
   cmd[8] = sizeof(dinfo);
   cmd[9] = 0;
   if (err=cmd.transport (READ,dinfo,sizeof(dinfo)))
       sperror ("READ DISK INFORMATION",err);
   else
       for(i=0;i<sizeof(dinfo);i++) printf("%02x ",dinfo[i]);
   printf("\n");
}