Re: DVD Compatiblity issue

Andy Polyakov wrote:

It prints both as far as I understand. Requestor should be able to
clarify which one, intended velocity in the beginning or average summary
at the end, he was referring to. Cheers. A.

cdrecord prints the average on a track or session at the end of that burn, and with -v reports snapshots of performance, where speed on inner and outer tracks may be observed (24-32-48 with one of my burners). The actual performance has very little relation to the initial, I just did a burn and asked for 32x, was told 8x at the start, and 12.9x at the end (CD on an old 2x DVD burner). I've seen 40x burns on a 20x burner by asking for 48x, and the clock time showed it really did that.

I would assume this is a firmware issue in the burner reporting rather than an issue of any kind in cdrecord. If I ask for a slow speed I seem to get it.

--
E. Robert Bogusta
 It seemed like a good idea at the time