Re: dvd+rw tools error message

> # growisofs -Z /dev/scd0 -dvd-video output
> Executing 'mkisofs -dvd-video output | builtin_dd of=/dev/raw/raw1 obs=32k seek=0'
> :-( unable to PREVENT MEDIA REMOVAL: Bad file descriptor
>
> This was using a new DVD+RW media on a HP 300n IDE drive unit.
> The device is set to use the /dev/raw/raw1 for use with sdd.  I
> also attempted to format the media, and that went through
> normally.  Made another attempt after formatting and received
> the same meesage.

I can't reproduce it, but I'll look into it... Can you run failing
command under strace as 'strace -o growisofs.strace growisofs ....' and
send the  growisofs.strace? It's  appropriate to submit the output to me
personally in order to spare the public bandwidth. As fast acting relief
you can complement command line with -poor-man option, e.g. 'growisofs
-poor-man -Z /dev/scd0 ...'

> Perhaps I should of stated the raw device /dev/raw/raw1 on the
> command line.

No, passing /dev/raw/raw1 would *never* work (as you've seen
yourself:-). A.