Re: Re: plextor px-708uf: cannot get disk type

> The original problem I was trying to solve was to get xcdroast to work,
> which requires cdrecord-ProDVD to burn DVDs.

I hear k3b is better anyway? You could try a wrapper script which magles
-prodvd arguments into something useful for growisofs, but I'm unable to
help (no time).

> I assume "Yes" was the answer to "have to do this by hand"?  Ugh.

Correct, sorry. It's not possible to say in one sentence how to do this,
and I don't know of any howto. Don't do it again... You could look at
files with about the same timestamp and delete those after venturing a
guess whether they came from that package. You could install again into
/tmp/somedir and see which files it installs, then delete those from
/usr/local.

Volker

http://volker.dnsalias.net/		Please do not CC list postings to me.