Re: Re: plextor px-708uf: cannot get disk type

Volker,

> I can burn
> DVD+Rs using growisofs, but I get the above error with cdrecord-ProDVD.

I can smell a dead simple solution here...
===
The original problem I was trying to solve was to get xcdroast to work,
which requires cdrecord-ProDVD to burn DVDs.  I actually had thought of your
solution; it's what I've been doing in the meantime.  I'd like to use
something with a graphical interface, and I have come to like xcdroast for
burning CDs.  I was hoping to get it to work for DVDs, also.  But thanks.
===

> Finally, I installed cdrtools in /usr/local before I realized that
> xcdroast wanted it in /usr.  Is there a command to uninstall it from
> /usr/local, or do I have to do this by hand?

Yes. (Why didn't you make a new rpm instead? Or downloaded the cdrecord
binary from Jörg for testing?)
===
I assume "Yes" was the answer to "have to do this by hand"?  Ugh.  Answer to
second question: I assumed xcdroast needed the whole of cdrtools.  Answer to
first question: I have no idea how to do this.  Can you either tell me how,
or point me to an appropriate HOWTO page?  I would appreciate this.