Re: cdrecord and scsi-3 compliance

>From rob23@tmr.com  Sat Jan 10 03:45:57 2004

>>Well, portability in a quality as with my software takes a lot of effort.
>>
>>Speaking for cdrecord, the change not really needed as no writer uses
>>something differnt from lun 0.
>>

>Does this mean that if a real SCSI burner is used with a LUN of >0 it
>doesn't work with your software, or some part of the standard says it
>must be zero, or you have never seen one jumperd for non-zero, or ???

The other way round makes sense:

if the standard really does no longer allow to specify the lun in the lun
bits of the CDB, then it would be impossible to use something like
CD changers with ATAPI that implement a different lun for each CD.

       schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) chars I am J"org Schilling