tar, backup, growisofs, file names

i want to backup my workstation (and soon my firewall remotely)
to the dvd+rw media i bought especially for that reason.

right now i use tar (for simplicity and long-term compatibility)
and growisofs like this:

/bin/tar cf -   --files-from $INCLUDEFILE \
                --exclude-from $EXCLUDEFILE \
                --absolute-names \
        | bzip2 --best --stdout \
        | growisofs -Z /dev/dvd=/dev/fd/0

like this, growisofs writes to the raw medium, without a fs (i
think). that is half ok for full backups, but i wanted to do
incremental backups, too, to the same dvd.

how can i have  * reading from stdin (from tar/bzip)
                * named backup files and a filesystem
		* no writing to hardisc first (i dont want
		  to rely on 4.4G beeing free.)

can i somehow give names to files which are created be reading
from stdin?

will i have a filesystem then, so i can mount the dvd and access
singel files?