Re: TEAC DV-W50D

> With DVD+RW there is a bug in the firmware that causes a quick format not
> to work as expected. You need to wait a long time after you formatted a
> media for the first time

The wait is 2:45min instead of the expected 0:45min, and only the first
time ever the media is used. Who cares...

> and then use cdrecord -force to write ignoring
> the visible media size.

Good tip for cdrecord. Not required with growisofs.

> With DVD+R, it may be that there is the same finalizing problem as with
> the Plextor 708

I burn DVD+R on a Pioneer 106 with growisofs -dvd-compat with no such problems.
I still have the older firmware 1.05 (and no reason to upgrade).

Volker

http://volker.dnsalias.net/		Please do not CC list postings to me.