Re: LG GSA-4040B and dvdwrite

>From: Sergio Visinoni <piffio@piffio.org>

>> Your problem is not related to cdrecord but to an illegal program
>> with is a hack on the real cdrecord and violates the GPL. If you need hel=
>p,
>> you need to contact the person who is responsible for the distribution.
>I agree that if you're not the autor he should ask for support to the
>person "responsible" for this fork.
>But (and this is the second time I ask you about this, the first time
>you ignored me and I hope you just didn't notice me) can you explain me
>how is dvdrtools violating GPL? how is it illegal?
>As far as I know GPL allows you to redistribute GPL code as long as
>you keep it GPL. AFAIK again dvdrtool is distributed as GPL.
>now: where is the so called violation?

Well, this is the last time, I did explain this sooooo many times before
you should read the archives.......

This program is full of bugs and it does not even mention that the program
may have bugs not present in the original distribution. He also needs to
mention that this is not the original program and no support requests should
be directoed to the original author.

This person (Mr. Rosenkranzer) is a really bad buy, he did not put own effort
into the 'project', he uses a broken make system so it ony works on Linux x86,
..... there are a lot of bad tings to tell about this program, go and google
for more.

       schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) chars I am J"org Schilling