Re: problems with xcdroast + ide-scsi

If you like to buy a single format writer

obarrot wrote:

Hi, I can't use my CD-ATAPI cdrom with xcdroast + the ide-scsi.o module

I had to disable DMA on this CD drive as any operation on the device freezed totally the
machine!
now I can mount & acccess this /dev/sg1 device ok but readcd does detect a garbled disk:
a music disk instead of a data disk (see below)

any hints?

Do you by chance have an IDE device on the same cable as the burner? If so, and it's a CD, you *may* be able to work it by something like "hdc=ide-cd hdd=ide-scsi" or some such. Or just buy a cheap IDE card and don't mix!

--
E. Robert Bogusta
 It seemed like a good idea at the time