Re: some questions on cd/dvd burning from a newbie

Joerg Schilling wrote:
From: Pablo Rodriguez <oinos@web.de>

I have just moved to Linux (actually MDK 9.1 is the only OS that I have
installed on my new laptop).

My laptop includes the Pioner DVD-RW Burner DVR-K12R and I have burnt cd iso images with xcdroast. What I would like to know is whether I could use packet writting for cd and dvd and restricted overwritting for dvd, without having to recompile the kernel (which is a too hard task for a newbie).

get cdrecord-ProDVD, it works with this drive.

Thanks Jörg for your answer. But as far as I know, I only could write write dvd images with cdrecord-ProDVD. How about cd/dvd packet writting and dvd restricted overwritting?

Thanks for your help,

Pablo