Re: anyone seeing this kind of error ??

> Linux version 2.6.0-test9
> GSA-4040B (attached via USB2.0)
>
> any comments, suggestions etc.
>
> scsi0 (0:0): rejecting I/O to offline device
> Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000009
>  <6>hub 1-0:1.0: new USB device on port 3, assigned address 4
> scsi3 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices

Formally this is wrong list to bring this issue up, as it appears as
pure USB problem, device going offline and being reattached when you
least expect it to. However! People maintaining corresponding driver,
USB mass storage, might have hard time figuring out the triggering
factor, as they might be unfamiliar with specifics of recording process.
Therefore it makes sense to cross-post to *both*
cdwrite@other.debian.org and linux-usb-devel@lists.sourcefourge.net
complementing the report with details such as:

- is kernel compiled "with frame pointers"? if it's not, do recompile it
"with frame pointers" and collect-n-submit the error log from newly
re-compiled kernel;
- is the problem 100% reproducible? if not, can you see any pattern?
- how does the problem manifest itself otherwise? does growisofs fail at
the end, beginning, middle? if at the end, was recording successfull?
- dvd+rw-mediainfo output with that particular media in the unit;
- version information for growisofs, run growisofs -version;

A.