Re: Cdrecord bug in DAO mode (version 2.01a19)

Joerg Schilling wrote:
>From rob23@tmr.com  Sat Oct 25 15:44:25 2003

Track 07: Total bytes read/written: 55486032/55486032 (23591 sectors).
Starting new track at sector: 162596
cdrecord: Input/output error. write_g1: scsi sendcmd: no error
CDB:  2A 00 00 02 8E DD 00 00 1B 00
status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
Sense Bytes: 70 00 03 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 0C 00 00 00 00 00
Sense Key: 0x3 Medium Error, Segment 0
Sense Code: 0x0C Qual 0x00 (write error) Fru 0x0
Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid)
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 200s
cdrecord: A write error occured.
cdrecord: Please properly read the error message above.

What do you expect when you use low quality media on a low quality drive?

I don't think that's the whole story, honestly. I have been having
problems with 2.01a19 and audio as well. This week I have burned 17 data
CDs without *any* problem, and using the same media and burner had to
try eight times to finally get one single audio CD. The media may not be
great, but it works for data, so there is some other issue in place.
Yes, I tried both default and the -dao option.

If you _read_ the error message, wou would see that it is obvious that the
drive is does not able to write the medium corectly.

And if you read the question, why is the same drive able to write the same media without problems for data and not for audio? Unless you believe that I have a strange power to select the good media for data and the bad media for audio, then something else is involved. It didn't do this with older versions of cdrecord.

--
E. Robert Bogusta
  It seemed like a good idea at the time