Re: mkisofs questions

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 10:44:58PM +0200, A.P.Munnikes wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have some questions about mkisofs (I'm using verion 4:2.0+a19-1, but
> it is more about mkisofs in gereral)
>

> 1. Is it, or is is not, possibele to make a good/working/official image
> that is > 4GB. (just with a lot of files with a size from 1 KB to a max.
> of 100MB, so not the problem about that the iso9660 can not contains a
> file > 2GB)

No Prob. I make/use >4GB images for more than 2 years now.

As long as you have a current(tm) distribution and a >=2.4.0 kernel
there is no problem.
(And "current" here means that the distribtion compiled with a kernel
>=2.4.0, so that LFS is enabled)

2 years ago i had to compile my own mkisofs, because "back then" the
SuSE-mkisofs wasn't compiled correctly(tm).

> (if yes: why is the Debian DVD image not > 4 GB ?)

They don't need the size?
They want downloaders to be able to download it with Windows 95/98?
(AFAIK 4GB is the maximum filesize for FAT32)

Bis denn