Re: Compile against 2.6-test5

Joerg Schilling wrote:

I cant seem to compile cdrecord against 2.60-test5! is this a known
issue?  (in the code below i'm in the libscg dir, that seems to be the
root of all the other errors, such as -lscg not found).

cdrtools-2.01a19.tar.gz
linux-2.6.0-test5.tar.bz2
smake-1.2a19pre-2.tar.gz
gcc-3.2.3.tar.gz - when this didnt work i tries smake since it was so
strongly reccomended by the docs.....

-matt

ps, i dont think i'm actually on this list, so please CC....the webpage
isnt very helpful in contacting the list......

[root@BettyBoop libscg]# smake
       ==> MAKING "all" ON SUBCOMPONENT ".../libscg.mk"
       ==> COMPILING "scsihack.o"
In file included from scsi-linux-sg.c:69,
                from scsihack.c:127:
/usr/src/linux/include/scsi/scsi.h:215: syntax error before "u8"
/usr/src/linux/include/scsi/scsi.h:215: warning: no semicolon at end of
struct or union

Definitely a Linux kernel bug.

I did report this bug about a year ago, but Linus Torvalds prevents that
this bug gets fixed :-(

??? this is a compiler warning message, how does that translate into a kernel bug? If it's a problem with gcc, it's still not a kernel bug.

Care to clarify this, or is that your standard answer to all problems of any kind on Linux?

--
E. Robert Bogusta
  It seemed like a good idea at the time