Re: help....

> how do I open a "Closed Session media?"

If you're referring to DVD+RW, then you don't have to do anything at
all, your unit firmware will do whatever magic necessary as you add more
data. All *you* have to do is to read growisofs and mkisofs manual
pages.

If you're referring to DVD-RW in Restricted Overwrite, then you don't
have to do anything either, growisofs will do whatever magic necessary
as you add more data.

If you're referring to DVD-RW Sequential recorded with -dvd-compat
option, then the only options are blanking and re-formatting for
Restricted Overwrite. Either implies that you loose the data.

If you're referring to DVD+R or DVD-R recorded with -dvd-compat option,
then there is nothing you can do. "Closed" is permanent/irreversible
media state.