Re: dbm symbols? In or out?

> Does anybody know of any common application or standards specification
> that might argue in favor of keeping these functions?  (The latter is
> important, since otherwise someone will have to come up with
> specification definitions for all of them.)

None hit my right off. Everything I have appears to be using db1, or db3.
The only typical user of ndbm has been sendmail because sendmail people
recommend it as its faster than db1 or gdbm. And sendmail happily supports
all sorts of db species

He is a dump of db stuff on the RH box Im typing on

[root@irongate LINUX2.2]# rpm -q --requires gdbm
/sbin/ldconfig
rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
ld-linux.so.2